Soccer Team Oppose MIT

M.I.T.'s highly-rated soccer team meets the varsity this afternoon at 3 p.m. on a muddy Business School field.

Man-forman the Engineers are rated superior to Bruce Munro's squad, but lack the Crimson's teamwork. Though M.I.T. opened its Boston University and Brandols, it dropped three successive contests against Amherat, Tufts, and R.P.I., and have since "fallen apart."

High scorer lgnack Elganzabel, a senior and a native a Spain, starts at center forward for the visitors. Like Eigauzabel most of the players gained experience playing foreign soccer. They grew up with the game, and are unusually adept at footwork and tricky passing.

Munro will field the same lineup that faced Dartmouth on Friday. Stacy Holmes will start at center half, with Alex Haogler at center forward and Dick Fisher in Holmes' old right inside position. Lindsay Fischer is slated to play goalie in the second half.

The pass work at midfield in the Dartmouth game pleased Munro, although he was disappointed in the passing and cutting around the cage. He spent the week working on those faults and hopes this special practice will pay off today.

The lineup for the Crimson will be Bill Lingelbach and Godfrey Truslow, wings; Bob Lloyd and Fisher, insides; Haegler, center forward; Stacy Holmes, Bob Dean and Rusty MacIntosh, halfbacks; Juan Rodriguez and Charlie Platt, fullbacks; Pete Briggs, goalie.

'57 Faces Exeter

The freshman soccer team, with four wins under its belt, meets Exeter this afternoon at 3 p.m. on the Exeter field. Although the Yardlings have lost only to Dartmouth, they have been hampered by injuries and today's game will be close.