'57 Smoker Ballot Still Unchanged Despite Balzotti's Broadcast, Rally

Despite a radio broadcast and a rally in the Yard last night by his supporters, Caesare Balzotti's name will not be on the official ballot today when the Freshman Class selects its eight-man Smoker Committee.

In a tape recording over WHRB last night, a voice announced by the Balzotti Committee to be that of Balzotti asserted its innocence of any "crime" and said that it had just "neglected" to register correctly for the fall term. The voice said "it is disillusioning to see that people don't think you exist."

Yard Demonstration

Almost simultaneously with the close of the talk, a group of Balzotti fanatics started a demonstration in the Yard. Although it was raining, nearly 300 freshmen came out of their dorms for half an hour to march and chant "We Want Balzotti" until the Yard police broke up the rally.

Is Names on Ballot

Peter N. Stearns '57, Chairman of the Union Election Committee, said that there are 18 names on the ballot, from which the Committee will be chosen by a proportional representation system.

The Smoker Committee candidates are: Philip Arena, Robert Dubinsky, Ray Gallo, William Gallucci, Gibson Gerry, Howard H. Glaser, William J. Groom, Herbert Gross, Henry S. Heifets, Fred Johnson, Gordon A. Martin, Peter E. Nathan, Bill Owens, Michael S. Robertson, Fritz Schwartz, Stephen L. Singer, John Owen Todd, John B. Winer.