Wrestlers Tie Gymnasts and Bow to Tigers

Coach Bob Pickett's wrestlers bounced back from Saturday's 21 to 9 drubbing at the hands of Princeton, and came from behind to gain a 14 to 14 tie with Springfield yesterday. The Crimson now has a 4-4-2 record for this season.

Despite an early lead of 9 to 0 at the Blockhouse Saturday, the wrestlers could not survive Princeton's late rally.

The teams' nine points came on decision victories scored in the three opening matches. Dick Adams at 123 and his brother Bud Adams at 137, recorded two of the wins. Captain Johnny Lee provided the other with a victory over Tiger Dick Dillon. It was Lee's twenty-fifth dual-meet win in a row.

Springfield Proves Tough

The lead changed frequently in yesterday's meet at Springfield as Sam Cousens of the Gymnasts took the first match from Crimson 123 pounder Dick Adams on a 7 to 1 decision. Captain Johnny Lee tied up the meet at 3 to 3 in the 130 match, winning over Frank Stubbleine.

Frank Dewar and Bud Adams reversed their usual weight classes, and it proved to be disastrous for both. Dewar lost a 4 to 2 decision to Fran Schweighardt at 137, and Adams lost his first match of the year to Gerry Mulligans at 147.

Hugh Chandler won a decision over Springfield's Bob Bock At 157 the Crimson trailed 9 to 6. The teams split pins at 167 and 177. The Crimson's Ezra Ingalls lost at 167, and Ken Culbert won at 177. George Bates' win over Springfield heavy Tim Sortir gave the Crimson a tie.