Freshmen Get Housing Applications From Dean Watson's Office Today

House applications will be distributed to the Class of '56 today, Associate Dean Watson '37 announced last night. Freshmen have until April 9 to choose roommates and House preferences.

Watson warned that large groups of boys with the same background will not all be accepted at the same House. The University intends to give each of the Houses an equal cross-section of new applicants, he said.

Although Yardlings are not assured of getting into a House of their choice, the Housing Office has previously indicated it anticipates only 130 students from the entire College to be living in Claverly in September. In 1950 only 70 percent of the April applicants were accepted in the Houses.

Sound Out Classmates

No undergraduate assigned to one House can transfer to another unless he has been away from the College for at least two terms, Watson added. He suggested that observant applicants by sounding out other House preferences, can assure their own acceptance by applying at a less popular House.

As in the past, House selections will be based partly on interviews held in March and the first week in April, he indicated.

Room prices will range from $85 to $300 per term, but Watson expects a scarcity of lower priced rooms. Applications for rooms above $165 are due at the Housing Office in Weld 8 by April 9. If the preferred room is $165 or below, a separate card must be filled with the Housing Office no later than March 23.