Crimson Track Team Beats Brown; Takes Ten First Places, 104 Points

Pete Dow and Bob Rittenburg each took two first places and led the Crimson track team to an easy 104 to 36 victory over Brown at Providence Saturday. The Crimson won ten first places and tied for two others.

Meanwhile, the freshmen defeated Brown's freshmen and Hope High School in a triangular meet. The Crimson tallied 825/6 points to 421/2 for the Brain freshmen and 28 2/8 for Hope High.

Dow flashed to firsts in the 100-yard and 220-yard dashes. He posted a :10 second flat time in the hundred, and sprinted the 220 in :22.1.

Rittenburg leaped 21 feet 42/4 inches to win the bread jump. Later in the meet, he recorded a :15.6 second time to triumph in the 120-yard high hurdle event.

The mile relay team, with Roger Gratwick, Pete Coker, Jack Richards, and Meyers, triumphed with a time of 3:32.9.

Other winners for the Crimson were: hammer throw, Pete Curran, 157 feet, 101/2 inches; shot put, Gil Murray, 47 feet, 4 inches; two-mile run, Hal Gerry, 10:05.5; 880 yard run, Phil Meyers, 2:01.4; and the high jump, Don Whitehead, five feet, 10 inches.

Brown won only the mile run, with a slow 4:41.8 time by Bud Molineaux, and the javelin.