Eleven's Games Won't Be on TV

Any possibility that Harvard football games would be televised this fall under the enlarged NCAA football television plan was quashed by Harvard Director of Athletics Thomas D. Bolles.

Bolles said last night that he did not foresee any change from the policy of the last two years when no Harvard football contests were televised. "I don't see any change as far as we're concerned," Bolles commented.

The NCAA last night voted to enlarge the number of colleges participating in its controlled gridiron television schedule, but did not release the names of the colleges to be covered.

Only Crimson game carried on TV was the Harvard-Dartmouth clash in 1951. Plans were made to color televise the Harvard-Yale contest that year but were thrown out when the FCC clamped down its restrictions on color television.

The football plan was drawn up by the NCAA's television committee, following instructions by last January's NCAA convention, which voted for another year of controlled football television.

This year's plan provides for TV on 12 Saturday afternoons, plays Thanksgiving Day, for a total of 13 games. The plan also calls for television only for ten or 11 complete games. The other two or three would be panorama programs--taking the parts of four games played in widely separated areas.