Med School Prof Dr. Fitz Is Dead

Dr. Reginald Fitz '06, assistant dean of the Medical School since 1947, died at his Brookline home Wednesday. The nationally-known physician was 68 years old.

When appointed assistant dean, Dr. Fitz had already been an associate professor of Medicine at the University for 14 years. He was a lecturer in the History of Medicine since 1936. He was also a commencement marshal here for 20 years. From 1936 to 1940, Dr. Fitz was Wade Professor of Medicine at Boston University.

Medical Society President

A past president of the Massachusetts Medical Society and of the Suffolk District Medical Society, he graduated from the Harvard Medical School in 1909. Dr. Fitz also held honorary degrees from Western Reserve University and Hahne-mann Medical College.

He had at various times served on the staffs of the Peter Bent Brigham, Rockefeller, and Massachusetts General Hospitals, and the Mayo Clinic and Evans Memorial. Dr. Fitz had also been a trustee of Wellesley College, the Perkins Institute for the Blind,, and the Brookline Public Library.