PBH Constitutional Change May Limit Powers of House Graduate Secretary; Hillel Group Accepts Office Space Bid

Hunt Denies Link To Religion Debate

The Brooks House Association cabinet will meet in executive session today to consider proposed constitutional amendments limiting the powers of the Graduate Secretary and defining the relationship between the Association and PBH.

Under consideration by the cabinet will be motions to deprive the graduate secretary of a vote on the cabinet and to take his present duty as Association treasurer from him.

Douglas W. Hunt '55, Association president, emphatically denied last night that these proposals have anything to do with the recent controversy between the Association and Cornelius deW. Hastie '52, present graduate secretary.

According to Hunt, Brooks House officers have realized for more than a year that constitutional revisions would eventually have to be made. The Association since 1948 has been working under a constitution which is according to Hunt, "quite inadequate." The 1948 document failed to distinguish between PBH itself and the Brooks House Association.

"We have been following the spirit, rather than the letter of the constitution during the past few years," Hunt said.

At present the graduate secretary of PBH is an executive officer of the Association, under the requirements of the 1948 constitution. Some members of the cabinet, according to Hunt, feel that "it is not good for a University official also to be the officer of an undergraduate organization."

No matter what the Association decides, the graduate secretary will remain at his post as the overseer of House endowment funds, Hunt stated.