Jayvees Defeat Tufts, 29-28, For Third Consecutive Win

A first-quarter safety gave the JV football team its third straight victory as it defeated Tufts, 29 to 28, yesterday. Five of the eight scores came in the final quarter.

Meanwhile, it was announced that the Jayvees had elected William G. Markos, as Adams House junior, as captain. Markos, who comes from Ipswich, Mass, plays tackle on the Jayvee squad.

The Crimson led at the half, 16-7, with two touchdowns besides the safety, and held its lead through a scoreless third quarter. Tufts came back to score a touchdown and a successful conversion at the start of the fourth.

Ed Galvin and Jim Damis scored the Crimson's two fourth-quarter touchdowns. Galvin ran through center 14 yards to score after a pass from Crehore to Damis had given the Crimson a first down on the 14-yard line. Another Crehore to Damis pass brought the second score with five minutes left.

Tufts scored twice in the last three minutes against the JV second string.

The Tufts squad, with only a few extra men, compared to more than two complete Crimson squads, was given the right to unlimited substitutions at the end of the second quarter. JV coach Henry Lamar asked the referee for the rule change.

Wingback Ron Eikenberry scored the first Crimson touchdown on a 50-yard pass play. Galvin tallied the second, going over from the five in the second quarter.

Tackle Bob Wynne blocked a Tufts kick in the end zone to give the Crimson the safety.