Soccer Team Upsets Tigers, 3-2, on Fisher's Two Goals

PRINCETON, N.J., Nov. 6--Dick Fisher, a substitute forward, kicked in the lying and winning goals to give the varsity soccer team a 3-2 overtime victory over favored Princeton here this morning. The victory, ending a six game Tiger win streak, was the Crimson's sixth in eight games, and their fourth in a row.

Fisher entered the game midway in the third period, following an injury to fullback John Hadik. With the Tigers ahead, 7 to 1, in the third quarter, Crimson soccer coach Bruce Munro shifted inside left Mary Weiss to fullback, replacing him with Fisher.

Less than three minutes later, Fisher tied the score on a long, slicing kick from beyond the penalty circle. After a scoreless fourth quarter, the two teams began the usual two five minute overtime periods.

At 5:40 of the first overtime, Fisher passed Tiger goalie Bruco Raymer again, this time from directly in front of the goal, for the winning score.

Crimson Defense Stiffens

The Crimson defense, sparked by fullbacks Hugh Sargent and Hadik, who reentered the game after only five minutes rest following his injury, helped goalie Lindsay Fischer bottle up the Tiger attack throughout the second half and in the overtime periods.

In the first half, left wing Hank Holmes put the Crimson temporarily in the lead with a fine kick from far out to the left. But the Tiger center forward, Bob Clark, and inside right Rudy Wachsman, put Princeton ahead, 2 to 1, with two quick goals shortly before the end of the half.

Tigers Dominate

Except for Holmes' goal, the first half was virtually all Princeton's, with the Tiger halfbacks continually controlling the ball. Only Fischer's excellent goal play and the failure of the Tiger forward line to follow through on shots prevented more Princeton goals.

The second half saw the Crimson on an attack that lasted the rest of the game. Fisher scored the goals, but efficient passing work by Captain Carey McIntosh and Stacy Holmes in the secondary, and by wings Hank Holmes and Bill Linglebach was especially evident.

The Crimson's next game is with Lowell Technical Institute, at 3:45 Wednesday afternoon on the Business School Field.

The varsity trounced both Trinity and Amherst last week. Against Amherst the squad turned in perhaps it finest showing of the year.