Judges Will Pick Second 8 Tonight For Ames Finals

Third year members of the Jaffe and Seavey law school clubs will argue at 8 p.m. tonight in Austin Hall in the finish of the semi-finals of the Ames mock trial competition. Tonight's winner will compete with the Baker-Smith club next April for a $300 first prize and a $200 second prize.

The Baker-Smith club won Monday night in the other half of the semifinals against the Hall club. The mock arguments concerned an insurance case on which the Supreme Court announced a decision Tuesday. Tonight's mock proceedings involve jurisdiction in the case of army private Walter L. Tickle, who shot a Korean near Pusan.

Elight clubs comprised of second year law students qualified last week for next spring's quarterfinals. They are, in order of standing: Choate, Langdell, Casner, Hardee, Morgan, Griswold, Scott, and Gardner.

Ames competitors are members of the eight-man law clubs which almost all students join in their first year. All first year arguments are intra-club. Second year inter-club competition begins when each club enters four two-man teams in the fall qualifying rounds. The eight clubs with the highest average compete in the spring quarter-finals, each as a team of researchers with two members serving as oralists.