Mile Relay Faces Big Ten Runners

MILWAUKEE, March 12--Harvard's record-breaking mile relay will tangle with two of the strongest teams in the Mid-West tomorrow night in the feature relay race of the Milwaukee Journal's Indoor Games.

The quartet, holder of the present Crimson indoor record with a 3:20.5, will meet Michigan and Indiana in a wide-open three-team race. Both of the varsity's opponents have recorded times of 3:13.

The team, Coach Bill McCurdy, his wife, and manager Marty Baskin, arrived here by plane late this evening. After tomorrow's meet the group will be entertained by the Harvard Club of Milwaukee.

Order Not Decided

McCurdy has not definitely decided on the order of his quartet, but he probably will use Captain Jack Richards, Warren Little, Alan Howe, and Dave Alpers in that order.

In the Heptagonals last week, the team was running second until Alpers lost the baton in a collision. The week before, the team finished third to Princeton and Colgate in the IC4A meet.

The team has been victorious in the B.A.A. Games, the Boston K of C Meet, the New England A.A.U., and numerous dual meets. It was edged by Princeton in the Big Three Meet.

The best individual performance has been turned in by Alpers who ran a 48.5 anchor in the IC4A meet.