Yale Wrestling Team Scores Twentieth H-Y Victory, 15-9

Yale's versatile wrestling team took its twentieth straight H-Y victory from the Crimson Saturday afternoon as it outmaneuvered and generally outwrestied the varsity, winning 15 to 9, before a packed crowd in the I.A.B.

The defeat left the team with a .500 season record and ended all hopes that Ken Culbert would set a new individual scoring record at Harvard. The 177-pound junior lost a 6 to 0 decision to Eli Jim Kousi.

Bringhtest spot in an otherwise depressing afternoon came at the climax of the 21 to 7 freshman victory over the Yale pups, when Yardling heavyweight Bob Wynne pinned his eighth opponent and capped an undefeated and untied season.

In the varsity meet the sophomore-laden Eli team marched through four lightweight matches without defeat. Captain Chick Chandler in the 157 pound class momentarily rallied the varsity by trouncing Ed Abdelnoor, 8 to 2. And 167 pound Dick Hook immediately followed by beating Victor David, 8 ot 1, in his smartest match of the season.

Four Eli Decisions

But the Crimson spurt ended quickly when Kousi outclassed Culbert and thereby sowed up the meet for Yale with the unlimited class still to go. Heavyweight Pete Morrison won over Don Riley, 5 to 2, but his victory couldn't help the already defeated Crimson cause.

The four Eli victories in the lightweight classes were by decisions over Phil Herera, Ed Keating, Phil Burnaman, and Frank Baker.

In the Yardling meet, Tatsuo Arima and Captain Tom Rockel tied their opponents. Mike Murray, Dave Jordan, Bob Gilmore and Jim Dale won by decisions. And Phil Andrews lost a narrow match, 3 to 0.