Two Radcliffe Girls, Elderly Woman Assaulted in Cambridge Common

A drunken Cambridge man allegedly molested two unidentified Radcliffe students and an elderly woman as they strolled through Cambridge Common at 10 p.m. last night.

As the three women walked through the dimly-lit Common, the attacker is said to have suddenly jumped from the shadows and knocked down one of them. Their frantic screams were answered by two passersby who grappled with the drunken man until he appeared to reach for a knife. He field on foot. The two men walked the women home, advising them to phone the police.

Meanwhile Cambridge police were attracted by the noise and collared the fleeing man. After a through search the police were unable to find a weapon on the man and since the molested women did not actually report the offense the man was booked only on drunkenness and disorderly conduct charges. Police identified the man simply as being 27 years old, married, and from Cambridge.

Late last night Cambridge police went to Homes Hall in hopes of learning the names of the two Radcliffe girls. It is believed that they are students at the Graduate School of Design.

Police hoped to find the girls by the end of the week and have them press charges against the molester.