Coach Munro Changes Front Line For Amherst Soccer Game Today

Still in search of additional scoring punch, soccer coach Bruce Munro will use a revised front line when the varsity eleven meets the undefeated Lord Jeffs at Amherst today at 2 p.m. The game, originally scheduled for Oct. 1, was postponed because of polio at Amherst.

Shad Tubman will start at center forward and Ken McIntosh will open at outside right, and remaining members of the forward line will be Hank Holmes at outside left, Grey Hodnett, who has been shifted from center forward to inside left, and Dick Fisher at inside right.

Elliot Finkelstoin will start at goal in place of the injured Lindsay Fischer, who is still out with a twisted knee. Captain Hugh Sargent and Don Beaver will be the fullbacks, and the halfbacks will be Denny Little, Stacy Holmes, and John Hadlk.

Amherst is rated as the strongest team in the Big Three, and it is unlikely that the varsity will be able to duplicate its 5-1 triumph of last season. The Lord Jeffs' three wins have been over Tufts, 9 to 0; UMass, 7 to 1; and M.I.T. 3 to 0, Most significant is the soore over Tufts, a team that held the Crimson even for the first half of the game before losing 5 to 1.

Others making the Amherst trip are Churchill, Felstiner, Hoyt, Perkins, Shue, Lingelbach, MacVeagh, and Wexler.