Political Clubs Will Organize Forum Group

Presidents Will Formulate Final Plans on October 20

Presidents of the ten undergraduate political clubs last night agreed to join in the organization of a joint political forum.

The primary purpose of the group will be to promote cooperation between the different political clubs.

David Titus '56, president of the U.N. Council, the group which suggested an organization of the political club heads last spring, said that the Forum would "promote the different groups" interests and would not conflict with the sovereignty of each group."

"It should also prove very useful in permitting various clubs to co-sponsor a speaker when they wish," Titus added.

George M. Fredrickson '56, president of the Debate Council, proposed a parliamentary plan for the group and said it will permit equal representative debating by all the undergraduate organizations involved.

The next meeting of the club presidents is scheduled for Oct. 20 with tentative discussions to include a debate topic for the Forum's first meeting and a method to determine the number of representatives permitted each group.

"Eventually the Forum body may assume functions similar to those of such parliamentary organizations as the Oxford Union and the Princeton Senate," Fredrickson stated.