Wrestlers Tie Princeton as Squash Team Wins

Impressive Victory

Captain Bill Wister, playing determined squash, led the varsity squash team to an impressive 7 to 2 victory over a strong Army squad Saturday at Hemenway Gym.

Previously plagued by an early season injury, Wister, in the number two match, displayed a fine all-court game, mixing powerful volleying with tricky drop-shots. Behind 2 to 1, he rallied to win the final games, 17-14 and 18-16. His hard-earned victory was typical of a match where three of the wins were by 3-2 scores and two more by 3-1 margins.

Heckscher Wins Easily

Ben Heckscher, Crimson number one man, had a comparatively easy time in defeating Roland Nordile in straight games, 15-12, 15-7, and 15-10.

Recovering from a recent attack of flu, Joe Grubbs, usually the Cadets' first man, was not able to play his best and fell before the varsity's Guy Paschal in the number three match, 15-8, 15-7, and 15-3.

At four, Bob Brown, overcoming both his opponent and a slight cold, relied more on trickiness than straight power in subduing Chuck Roades, 10-15, 15-12, 15-13, and 15-13. Cal Place, number five, had too much power for an ex-Harvard man, Tony Ellison, winning easily in three games. In one of the most hard-fought matches of the day, however, "Bats" Wheeler bowed to the Cadets' Garrett Sidler, 3 to 2.

In another close contest, the Crimson's Pete Milton overcame a 2-1 deficit to take the final two games, 18-13 and 15-6, and the match from Morgan Mayson.

At nine, Mike Levinson won handly in straight games from Les Pruitt, while Roger Cortesi lost 3 to 1 to Bill Crum in the number eight match.