Ski Team to Compete In Dartmouth Classic Today and Tomorrow

An eight-man varsity ski team will compete in the Dartmouth Winter Carnival today and tomorrow against the top collegiate skiers in the East.

Senior Sandy Whitelaw, a member of the 1952 British Olympic Squad and the Crimson's only Class A skier, is entered in the downhill and slalom events along with Captain Ebbe Dane, veteran Pete Churchill, Sten Lium, and Jim Graves. Churchill, Pat Colt, Lindsay Fischer, and Joe Poindexter, last year's freshman captain, will jump and run cross-country. Dane and Lium are also entered in the cross-country.

The slalom race will be held on Suicide Six in Woodstock, Vt, this morning and the eight-mile cross-country is scheduled for Hanover in the afternoon. The downhill will be run Saturday morning on Mt. Sunapee, N.H., and the jumping in Hanover that afternoon on the 40-meter hill.

This is the first time since 1952 that the Crimson has competed in the Carnival. Dartmouth usually invites only Canadian teams and U.S. teams in the senior division of the Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association. Harvard was promoted to the senior division at the end of last season.