Three Crime Boards Open Spring Comp

The CRIMSON gives the new term an official send-off tonight with the opening of its annual spring competition. Festivities will begin at 14 Plympton St., at 7:30 p.m.

Three of the four boards, news editorial, and business, will introduce candidates to beer, editors, and the fundamentals of newspaper work at tonight's meeting. Radcliffe talent is especially welcome to fill the CRIMSON'S Radcliffe Burean. Only photographers will have to wait until March for their try.

Newsboard candidates will soon find themselves interviewing everyone from full professors on down to Massachusetts legislators in pursuit of the big column five story that will startle the University the next morning. Editorial entrants will spend their time relaxing in local movie houses or pouring over faded newspaper volumes for editorial feature material. Potential music reviewers and art critics are in particular demand.

Business board aspirants got the opportunity to test their persuasiveness on Square merchants and to learn the mechanics of display advertising. Anyone inclined toward a future business career should find invaluable experience in the operations of a $100,000 a year enterprise.