Sophomore Dies in Claverly Room; Cause Unknown Pending Autopsy

A Claverly sophomore was found dead in his room late last night, with the cause of death undetermined pending an autopsy. University authorities, however, did not believe early this morning that either suicide or violence were involved.

The student, Harvey M. Sagorsky '57, was a science concentrator whose home was in Los Angeles. He lived in the Winthrop entry of the hall.

Dean Watson and Dr. Dana L. Farnsworth, director of the University Health Service, who were both called to Claverly after discovery of the death, said that Sagorsky had been suffering from an intestinal disorder. He had evidently undergone prolonged vomiting prior to his death.

Neither Watson nor Farnsworth felt suicide or foul play to be the cause. A Cambridge city medical examiner ordered the body removed to city police headquarters pending the autopsy.

After the death was discovered--sometime after 11 p.m.--Ronald M. Ferry '12, master of Winthrop, informed Sagorsky's parents.

A University policeman was posted at the main entrance of the hall for the night.