Dunster Wins Intramural Honors; Takes Third Straight Straus Trophy

For the third consecutive year Dunster House has won the Straus Trophy for supremacy in intramural athletics. Without earning a single first place in spring sports standings the Funsters piled up a total of 1,547 points over the year to finish ahead of Kirkland and Eliot.

This year's final standings are: Dunster 1547, Kirkland 1415, Eliot 1407 1/2 Leverett 1399, Winthrop 1345, Lowell 1197, Adams 1192 1/2, and Dudley 959 1/2. The Houses finished in this same order following winter competition.

Spring first places were scattered among four Houses. Eliot won the golf and singles competition, Leverett tied Winthrop for first in baseball and took first in crew, while Adams and Lowell captured the softball and tennis competitions, respectively.

Dunster held its winter lead intact by not placing lower than fourth in these sports. The Deacons finished second in crew and singles, third in baseball and golf, and fourth in softball and tennis.

The most outstanding comeback of the past season was Leverett's rise from seventh to fourth place. While Lowell remained stationary at sixth, Adams and Winthrop dropped two notches each. Dudley stays on the bottom of the eight-House ladder. Eliot fell one standing.

Dunster is the only House besides Kirkland to have won the cup three years running. The Funsters won the trophy for the first time two years ago.