Seniors Given Ten Fulbright Scholarships

Faculty, Graduate Students Also Receive Study Grants

Fulbright Scholarships have been awarded to ten College seniors, four members of the faculty, and a number of graduate students, William S. Burns, chairman of the University Fulbright Committee, dislocated yesterday.

The student winners, their fields, and their places of study follow: Ronald E. Miller, Economics, Ruprecht-Karl University, Heidlberg; Burton D. Hersh, Literature, Free University of Berlin, James Peale, Economics, University of Koeln; Roger N. Pierce, Philosophy, Phillips University, Marburg.

Harry K. Schwartz, Government, Worcester College, University of Oxford; Winthrop D. Means Geology, Emanuel College, University of Cambridge; Doyle R. Fosso, Norwegian Language and Literature, University of Oslo; Norman Araujo, French Literature, University of AixMarseille, France; Peter Westervelt, Early Christian Latin Literature, State University, Leiden, The Netherlands; and Paul G. Forand, Islamic Literature, American University at Cairo.

Faculty Winners

The faculty winners are: Kiaus W. Epstein '48, Instructor, to lecture in History at the University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany; Carl Kaysen, assistant professor of Economics, for research at the London School of Economics, University of London; Theodore M. Mills, research associate, Laboratory of Social Relations, for research at the University of Oslo; and Karl G. Kohn '48' teaching fellow, department of Music, for research in Music, University of Helsinki.

Barnes also announced that in the program for the 1956-57 academic year, the national office intends to increase awards to persons in non-academic year, the national office intends to increase awards to persons in non-academic fields and former students who would benefit from a year of graduate work abroad. Competition for next year's awards closes on Oct. 31, 1955, Barnes added.