Freshman Eleven Opposes Jumbos In Stadium Today as 'A' Faces 'T'

This Saturday at 2 p.m. the varsity football team's contest with Tufts will be reproduced on a smaller scale, as the freshmen oppose their counterparts from Medford.

The game will be very similar to the varsity contest in other respects, however. The Tufts squad will use the same "T" formation plays which baffled the varsity last Saturday, and the Crimson will employ the newly-adopted. "A" formation attack.

There will be a slight difference with regard to the freshmen team's use of the "A". While the varsity had to convert men who had been using the single-wing type offense for two or three years, the freshmen teams in any college are faced with the problem of introducing new players to the system of that particular college. In this respect, the two teams will be a bit more even.

The game is naturally a toss-up for it virtually impossible to predict the behavior of any freshman squad until it has played a few games. It is quite certain, however, that varsity coach Lloyd Jordan will take a great deal of interest in the contest, since these freshmen players must form the backbone for the first really experienced "A" formation team which Harvard will field within the next few years.