7000 Vote for President in Crimson Poll

Error Necessitates New Union Voting

Preliminary tallies indicated last night that more than 7,000 University students voted yesterday in the CRIMSON's election poll. The last ballot box was collected at-Radcliffe at 10 p.m. last night to round out the totals.

Percentage of participation varied greatly, with Leverett appearing at the top of the list and Harkness at the bottom. The results in the Eisenhower-Stevenson contest will be announced in tomorrow's CRIMSON.

A poll-taker's error resulted in potentially unfair conditions for balloting yesterday at the Union, as names of voters at the noon meal were not recorded on a freshman class list. The CRIMSON, accordingly, will hold further balloting at noon today for freshmen who voted yesterday at luncheon and were not recorded.

The names of evening voters, however, were listed, so today's balloting will concern only those students who voted at the noon meal.

Close precautions were taken at the Houses, Radcliffe, Harkness, and the Business School to ensure that all voting procedures were thoroughly fair. At the Law School, however, no cross-check could be made with the names of the individuals voting, so the Law School results must be seen as less than completely definitive.