Council May Obtain Seat in Discussion Of Parking Dispute

The boys in the back room devoted three hours to academic conversation and newspaper perusing last night but the big news from the Student Council was made late last week in the Front Office of the University Administration.

Seems that Council President Edward M. Abramson '57 traded words on the parking problem with John W. Teele '27, Planning Coordinator, to the result that the Council may be represented at future negotiations between the City of Cambridge and the University. Teele reportedly recognizes the Council as an important element in the problem.

Abramson said the parley came off before Teele had received the request for information on the parking problem which the Council approved last week. Teele is expected to take definite action after he gets the request, the Council president indicated.

Last night's Council session passed away on minute examination of certain passages of the Constitution with the idea in some members minds of revision. Two passages were rephrased "to conform to council practice," according to Council Treasurer Albert Hofeld '58. An estimated ten were not.