SEX AND TEMPERAMENT

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

As far as parietal regulations are concerned, the following points were my attitude at each instance when this question came up in the two and a half years I have been privileged to serve my class.

1) Parietal regulations are antiquated, ridiculous, nineteenth centuryish, and unnecessary. This is because: A) enforcement of the regulations are such that any enterprising, intelligent student can violate them if he desires and stand a good chance of not being discovered; B) segregation of male and female is unnatural and builds unstable and unbalanced personalities.

2) Since the community has not yet accepted sex as a normal thing and still regards this tonic in the light of 19th century values, it is better that a student should "act up" in his room rather than on the streets in an automobile he is not allowed to park.

3) Having to register a girl like a dog as if you had to procure a license for her is damned embarrassing and childish.

4) The parietal regulations cost money to enforce and are a damned nuisance because they lock all the gates of the Houses like a prison so you can't get in or out conveniently.

5. I believe the responsibility of the Harvard Man is such that if complete freedom were granted to the individual there would be no disgrace brought upon the individual or the University. Paul L. Scher '57