Botsford in Infirmary, Gianelly On the Bench During Scrimmage

By Robert H. Sand

Matt Botsford lay on a bed in Stillman Infirmary and Tony Gianelly limped on the sidelines as the football team scrimmaged under the lights last evening.

Stillman described Botsford's condition as "good" late last night, although he has been running a fever of over 100. His virus infection has made his availability for Saturday's Pennsylvania game doubtful at best.

A pulled leg muscle has sidelined Gianelly, although he was in uniform for yesterday's workout. Coach Lloyd Jordan described Gianelly's leg as "very bad. You never know whether or not he'll come out of it."

Bell May Play

With Gianelly out of the scrimmage, the team concentrated on runs off tackle and around end, rather than bucks through the center of the line.

If Gianely does not play Saturday, or if he is in for a part of the time, sophomore back Jimmy Bell will probably be called on.

According to Jordan, Bell is coming along nicely. He will be available for more action on Saturday," the coach added.

Looking ahead to Saturday's game against Pennsylvania, Jordan said that the Quakers' versatile offense and unbalanced line "presents problems." He described their backs as "speedy," the line as "well balanced," and passing "good."