'Cliffe Will Conduct Formal Opening Of New Graduate Center Saturday

Radcliffe will conduct dedication exercises Saturday for its new graduate center, which opened this September

Located at the corner of Brattle and Ash Sts., the center provides recreational facilities for the college's 440 graduate students, as well as residence quarters for 49 students.

The dedication ceremonies will begin at three p.m., with an academic procession from the Radcliffe yard across Brattle St. to the terrace entrance of the red brick Georgian graduate building.

Bundy to Speak

Introductory remarks by President Wilbur K. Jordan will be followed by a message from Dean Bundy. The Rev. George A. Buttrick, chairman of the Board of Preachers of the University, will give the invocation and benediction.

Speakers for the dedication will be Mrs. Bernice B. Cronkhite, dean of the Graduate School, Mrs. Cecelia Payne-Gaposhkin, Phillips Professor of Astronomy, and Miss Helen C. White, professor at the University of Wisconsin. All three are alumnae of the Radcliffe Graduate School.

50 Foreign Representatives

Among the guests attending the exercises will be representatives of more than 50 countries from which foreign students have come to Radcliffe during the last five years.

When additional funds are secured, dining room and residence wings will be constructed from each end of the present building, completing the graduate quadrangle and enclosing the proposed Helen Keller Garden.