National Student Association Has Documents About Satellite Revolts

In the quiet of Cambridge, documents relating to Eastern Europe's present anti-Russian movements and riots lie comparatively unnoticed in the office of the National Student Association.

Chief among these documents, which throw much light on the role students are taking in the agitation, is a copy of a list of demands, secretly smuggled past Czechoslovakian borders, which Czech students published independently last June. The demands resemble closely protests made last week in Hungary just before a student-inspired civil war broke out.

Czech students, meeting in Prague, demanded immediate amelioration of these "shortcomings in public and political life":

Failure of the Czech press to report "successes in capitalist countries."

Lack of press criticism of the Czech Communist government and the Soviet Union.

Refusal of the government to allow Marxist theory to be compared to other political philosophies.

The students also demanded re-trials for all political prisoners.

According to another NSA report, 227 East German students and professors are in concentration camps for their opposition to the existing government. The list, made up from the testimony of East Germans who have fled to West Germany, includes names, crimes, and locations of all the prisoners.