HAA to Continue Policy on Failure To Claim Tickets

Those Not Claimed Friday Will Be Held Until Tuesday

Despite complaints from irate students, the H.A.A. said yesterday that it will continue its policy of holding until Tuesday ticket envelopes not picked up by Friday noon.

The policy prevented students who did not pick up their Princeton envelopes Friday from applying for a free ticket to the Brown game, since the athletic card, returned with tickets, had to be enclosed in the envelope due Monday.

The H.A.A. said that it had adopted the policy on the recommendations of the Undergraduate Athletic Council, the Student Council, and the Faculty Committee on Athletics. Student Council Vice-President Merom Brachman '58 denied that the Student Council had made such a recommendation.

Last night the Council voted unanimously to send an "ambassador" to the H.A.A. to discuss the situation. The motion said that "the Council views with concern the present situation, whereby a student, by failure to pick up his ticket, cannot apply for the next ticket."

The H.A.A. pointed out that the rule is printed on the application envelopes and has been enforced all year. "Between ten and a hundred" people failed to claim their Princeton tickets on time, according to the ticket office.

Students must pick up Brown game tickets by Friday in order to be able to receive free tickets to the Yale game. Yale applications are due Tuesday because of the holiday next Monday.