Students of 3 Ivy Colleges Support Ike for President

Columbia Backs Stevenson; Press Divides Its Support

President Eisenhower is supported for re-election by three out of the four Ivy League colleges which have conducted polls of their student bodies this fall. The Ivy college newspapers are split in their editorial support, three for Eisenhower, three for Stevenson, and two remaining neutral.

The Daily Princetonian announced Friday that their student poll had given Eisenhower a 3 to 1 majority over Stevenson at Princeton. This represented a drop of about 2 percent from Eisenhower's margin in 1952, when 73 percent of the undergraduates backed him.

The Princeton faculty, however, preferred Stevenson by a 96 to 61 vote. The Princetonian's editorial page has switched its support to Stevenson this year after backing Eisenhower in 1952.

At Yale, the students chose Eisenhower, as did the Yale Dally News, which favored Stevenson in the '52 election.

Columbia students favored Stevenson.

There was no student balloting at Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, or Pennsylvania. The Brown Daily Herald and Daily Dartmouth have thrown their editorial support to Eisenhower, while the Cornell Daily Sun has come out for Stevenson. Neither the Columbia Spectator nor the Daily Pennsylvanian have taken a stand on the election.

The CRIMSON poll of student presidential preference taken two weeks ago gave the President a 2785 to 2637 plurality.