Yardling Squash Team Wins

The freshman squash "B" team won its opening match of the year against Phillips Academy Saturday afternoon in Hemenway Gymnasium, 3 to 2. Although the Yardlings dropped the first two matches, depth told the story as the bottom three freshman players picked up victories.

At first singles for the "B" team, Lonnie Blackmer lost a very close 3-2 decision in extra points in the fifth game. Blackmer had been sick for the past several days and was not playing up to his usually strong game.

At second single, Mike Humphries lost a close 3-1 match, but this was the extent of Andover's scoring. At fourth singles, Will Sutton, who played for Andover last year, won a hard-fought match to give the Crimson its second point. Tim Gallway took his third singles match from the Blue, and at fifth singles Steve Kissel picked up the final point for the Crimson.

The "A" team does not open its season until after Christmas vacation, and Wynn expects that with such top flight players as Charlie Poletti and Gerry Emmett they should have a sucessful season.