Sextet Seeks Fourth Ivy Victory At Brown Tonight

Defeat Could Drop Bruins From Race

Still champion in its own League, the varsity hockey will resume its battle for a third straight Ivy title tonight against Brown in Providence.

The Crimson, in front of the Ivy race with three victories and no defeats, could virtually eliminate the Bruins from contention for the 1956 crown with another win. Cooney Weiland's team defeated Brown in its last meeting, 4 to 2. Since then the Bruins have also lost to Yale, 3 to 2.

Although no extensive lineup changes will be used against Brown, there was indication at yesterday's varsity practice that Weiland may shift Dan Ullyot back to defense for a major part of the game in order to strengthen the sextet's defensive unit.

Brown similarly suffers slight defensive problems. With its overall record at 6 wins and seven losses, the sextet has been paced by high-scoring Roddy Dashnaw and Captain Pete Tutless, both forwards. The squad's entire defensive unit centers around Russ Kingman and goalie Harry Batchelder.

The freshman hockey team will seek its twelfth consecutive victory when it meets the Brown Cubs in the preliminary game at the Rhode Island Auditorium at 7:30 p.m.