Varsity and Yardling Swim Squads Meet Weak Brown at IAB Tonight

Brown's varsity and freshman swimming squads arrive at the IAB pool tonight, each with two good men but weak teams. Both factors will give the Crimson a chance to set more records. The freshmen swim at 7:30 p.m.; the varsity at 8:45 p.m.

Alfred Chapman of the Brown varsity was an All-American backstrokers as a schoolboy. He will probably swim the 200-yard event in that stroke as well as the individual medley. In the latter race, he may push the Crimson's Dave Hawkins to lowering the American record he equalled on Wednesday.

Dick Fogelson is Brown's other strong entry, but his times in the 220 and 440 don't threaten the Crimson for first place in these distances. He will, however, test Crimson depth in these races.

Crimson coach Hal Ulen will probably allow his two top free-stylers, Captain Jim Jorgensen and Chouteau Dyer, to trade events for the evening, moving Dyer into the 220 and Jorgensen into the 100.

The Brown freshmen will provide Bill Brooks's Yardlings with their first collegiate opponents of the season in the preliminary. The teams will still race high school distances, but in the collegiate order of events, allowing one man to swim three instead of two times.