Varsity Sextet Plays Williams

In 1952, a 13-0 Drubbing

Before the hockey season began, a member of the Williams sextet remarked that everyone at Williamstown was pointing to the Harvard game as the big one. To the Crimson, however, today's contest at 4 p.m. at Watson is only a mid-week breather between important defenses of its Ivy League title.

The difference in approach comes from a substantial reason: Williams has received heavy drubbings from the varsity in their last two meetings. In 1951 the Crimson won, 21 to 4, and a year later the score was 13 to 0.

Because of its small size Williams has few opponents in common with the Crimson. Providence College is one, and Williams lost to the Friars early this season, 7 to 1. The varsity has split its two games with Providence, winning the second one, 5 to 4.

Coach Cooney Weiland has decided to keep sophomore Dan Ullyot on defense, after returning him to the blueline in Saturday's Brown game. Bob McVey will center for Bob Owen and Joe Crehore and also occasionally for Art Noyes and Terry O'Malley.

A line of Tom Worthen, Albie Wells, and Derick Nicholas will play a lot and may even take a regular turn if the varsity establishes a commanding lead. Junior goalie Jim Bailey, who hasn't allowed a goal in his last three appearances, may relieve Captain Charlie Flynn. IVY LEAGUE HOCKEY       Goals  Goals   W.  L.  For  Ag'nst. Harvard  4  0  23  6 Yale  3  0  14  2 Princeton  1  1  12  9 Brown  2  3  22  17 Dartmouth  0  6  7  44