Interhouse Winners Beat Yale in Hockey, Lose in Two Sports

The annual contest between the first-place Houses in winter intramural competition and the winning College at Yale produced one triumph and two defeats for the Crimson teams.

Dunster's hockey team overcame Jonathan Edwards College 5 to 4 last Saturday at Watson Rink in a close game that had to be decided by an overtime period.

Although its opponents displayed excellent teamwork, the Crimson managed to score at a crucial moment in the third period to tie up the game, enabling them to go on to win the overtime.

Trumbull College downed Dunster's basketball team 49 to 46 Saturday at Yale in a generally dull game. Yale's fast break combined with a weak Crimson defense proved to be too much for Dunster's quintet. Nevertheless, Ed Cuffe copped high scoring honors with 27 points.

Misfortune befell Lowell's squash team, which lost to Berkeley College 2 to 3 Saturday in New Haven. Since the squad came to Yale without its number two man, it had to forfeit a match and move each of its players up a notch.

With the conclusion of this part of the year's inter-House competition, the race for the Straus Trophy is a close contest between Dunster. Winthrop, and Kirkland, with Dunster slightly in the lead.

The final standings of the Houses in winter sports are as follows:   League A  W  LDunster  14  0Kirkland  11  3Winthrop  9  5Leverett  8  6Eliot  7  7Adams  4  10Lowell  2  12Dudley  1  13  League B  W  LWinthrop  13  1Dunster  9  5Kirkland  9  5Lowell  7  7Adams  6  8Leverett  6  8Dudley  3  11Eliot  3  1