Crimson Wrestlers Oppose Favored Elis

Morrison Greatest Varsity Threat

The Crimson wrestlers face Yale today in an attempt to break Yale's 21 year jinx over them. The chances are slim as the varsity holds only an edge in one bout today in New Haven.

The favored Bulldogs have defeated Princeton, who routed the varsity 30 to 2 two weeks ago. Yale also downed Brown, which lost to the Crimson in a close match last week.

The Crimson's Pete Morrison, in the unlimited class, is favored over his opponent, Pete White, but the rest of the varsity men have harder matches.

The Elis' Andrew, at 127, should defeat Tatsuo Arima. Ted Reese is favored over John Winthrop at 130. Phil Hepner holds an edge over varsity captain Phil Burnamen at 147. Steve Jackson should defeat Phil Andrews at 157.

Dick Hook is even with Steve Jackson, in the second best chance that the Crimson has. In 167 Jack Kohr should beat Bob Gilmor. Roger Hikson holds an edge over Caspar Cronk at 177.

Yale has a strong team in all weights, led by Andrew Fitch, who is especially strong at the lowest weight. To upset the Bulldogs the varsity will have to have three wrestlers defeat favored opponents.

The varsity enters the meet with an even record. The squad started the season strongly, defeating M.I.T. and Amherst, but faltered and lost to Cornell and Columbia. Regaining its stride momentarily, it beat Pennsylvania before dropping matches to Princeton and Springfield.