Upperclass Weekend Will Center Primarily on Houses This Year

Hope for 70% Attendance

The erstwhile All-College Weekend, now known as the House Party Weekend, will center primarily around the Houses this spring and should thus draw 20 percent greater upperclass participation than last year, Harold L. Goldberg '57, Chairman of the Interhouse Dance Committee, said last night. The only all-college event of the weekend, from May 4 to 6, will be a band concert on the steps of Widener Sunday afternoon.

As the weekend will be held after generals this year, the date should help attract 70 percent of the upper classes, Goldberg added. Informal activities will take place in the Houses Friday night. Dances are planned for Saturday night, and the annual Harvard-Wellesley bike race on Saturday afternoon. The varsity baseball team will play Columbia Saturday, and an interhouse crew race is being considered for the same afternoon.

Winthrop and Leverett will sponsor a trip to "Green Acres" Friday night for informal dancing and hayrides. Dudley is planning a hayride, and most of the other Houses will have parties on the North Shore beaches.

The next night every House is planning a dance of some kind. Lowell will put down a floor in the court yard for an open air dance. Kirkland will demand costumes for a masquerade Saturday. A cabaret will give Dunster a French touch with small tables placed about the rooms. Students will be allowed to bring drinks. Leverett, Adams, Dudley, Winthrop, and Eliot will hold to convention with formal dances Saturday.

All the Houses will close Friday night affairs to freshmen but most Saturday dances will be open. Dunster, however, because of space limitation will allow only Funsters Saturday. Freshmen may generally attend the rest of the dances at the Houses to which they applied. Few Yardlings are expected over the weekend, since the Freshman Jubilee is scheduled a week before, from April 27 to 30, Goldberg stated.