Cliffe Approves Levy On All Students for Foreign Scholarships

Radcliffe undergraduates voted overwhelmingly Monday to establish a Foreign Student Scholarship Fund supported by compulsory one dollar contributions.

The first annual collection will be made during the current term so that the fund can be used for the coming year, SGA president Karen A. Goukassow '57 said yesterday.

Supplemented by the College, the SGA fund will finance the full tuition, room and board, and miscellaneous expenses of the foreign students who will be selected by the Administration.

The scholarship is intended for a student from a foreign country who intends to obtain a bachelor's degree from Radcliffe, rather than someone who wishes to study in this country for only one year.

The applicant need not enter as a freshman as the Admissions Office will determine the grade level for which she qualifies.

It there is no qualified applicant in any year, the fund will accumulate, and additional scholarships will be given the following year. The Student Government hopes alumnae will become interested in augmenting the fund, Miss Goukassow added.