Lacrosse Squad To Meet Williams In Match Today

Coach Bruce Munro and his varsity lacrosse team will set out of Williams this morning in search of their first victory in eight starts. They will meet the Ephmen this afternoon.

Despite their previous record, the team appears to have a good chance to break into the win column. The Williams squad dropped a 3-2 decision against a week Tufts team earlier this year.

Munro has guided the team through practice in fundamentals since Saturday's loss to Cornell, 12 to 9. The team showed a marked improvement.

But improvement in fundamentals has not helped the defense. First half leads in matches with the Boston Lacrosse Club and Cornell were quickly dissipated in the second half, and the team went down to defeat.

While the attack and midfield starting positions are still in a state of flux, Munro will probably stick with the same lineup he has used previously, led by Captain Dexter Lewis. Opening at the defense will be Jim Herscot, Roger Martin, and Fred Sharf. Mark Rhine will be in the crease again.