Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Yale Favored as Crimson Crew Rows in EARC Race Tomorrow

Harvard Seeded Third

By Gavin R. W. scott

Favored Yale meets the third-seeded Crimson varsity heavyweight crew, and Princeton faces the varsity 150's in a toss-up at the E.A.R.C. Sprints at Washington, D.C. and Princeton, New Jersey, tomorrow.

Yale's heavies were seeded first Tuesday, followed by Cornell, Harvard, Princeton, Navy and Pennsylvania. Jim Rathschmidt's Elis got the nod on the basis of their Carnegie Cup victory over Cornell last Saturday on the Housatonic. The Crimson is unbeaten.

Harvey Love's varsity left yesterday by train for Washington where it will run through two practice sessions on the Potomac today. Earlier this week, Love's oarsmen were hampered by persistent high winds, though yesterday they rowed a very satisfactory test run at high cadence.

Love planned to race his shell at 33, a beat higher than normal, over the short sprint course which measures just under a mile and a quarter. He planned no changes in his seatings in the varsity, stroked in both previous wins by Fritz Schwarz. The junior varsity and freshman eights will also compete in the 38 crew regatta.

Derrick Wilde's 150-pound crew went through a very encouraging low-stroke time trial earlier this week. Wilde plans to race his eight at a lesser beat this week as it was generally felt that last Saturday's Goldthwait Cup loss to Princeton, by three-quarters of a length, was largely the fault of too high a clip.

The 150's will have to win tomorrow to keep alive their hopes of entering the Henley race this summer. Cornell would appear the outside threat to the Tigers and Crimson, and others in the race include Yale, Columbia, Penn, Navy, Dartmouth and M.I.T.

The junior varsity lightweights won both their two earlier races this year. Stroked by Larry Cabot, the jayvees will face Cornell as its major contender. The freshman eight is regarded an underdog in its Eastern Sprint race.

The varsity heavyweight crew will meet Princeton, M.I.T., and Boston University in the third heat tomorrow.