Players Thin Out as Tourney Turns Into the Home Stretch

The contestants in the Harvard Summer School Tournament have been further narrowed in the recent matches. The Men's Singles are now entering Round 3, while Round 2 has been completed in the Women's Singles, Men's Doubles and Mixed Doubles.

In the Men's Singles, E. Senehi defeated S. Frieder (6-4, 13-11); P. Cox defeated E. Helfeld (6-3, 6-4); R. Holroyd defeated D. Shapere (6-1, 6-2), R. Balkin defeated K. Smith (6-2, 8-6); T. Tolly defeated D. Terris (6-1, 6-3); H. McLean defeated W. Cox (10-8, 6-4); D. Keesing defeated R. Marcus (9-7, 6-1); and R. Israel defeated W. Clayton (6-1, 6-3).

In the Women's Singles, M. Sutherland defeated S. Sale (6-0, 2-6, 6-2). In the Men's Doubles, D. Shapere and T. Tchen defeated S. Frieder and B. Bermeyer (6-0, 10-12, 6-2); G. Siegel and D. Gordon defeated D. Keesing and F. Keesing (6-4, 6-8, 6-3), and M. Hall and R. Eames defeated P. Pitney and P. Pratt (6-3, 6-3).

In the Mixed Doubles, D. Shapere and S. Sale defeated R. Dowling and D. Melnick (forfeit); P. Pratt and K. Hildreth defeated T. Atkinson and H. Chwang (6-1, 6-2), T. Tully and D. Bird defeated W. Tucker and C. Hanschka (6-4, 6-2); P. Keesing and G. Kinkleman defeated W. Porter and M. Neyland (6-3, 6-1); F. Keesing and M. Keesing defeated D. Johnson and J. Neely (6-0, 6-3).

Also M. Keesing and A. Dziewanowski defeated J. Stokes and R. Conserse (6-3, 6-4); J. Frieder and C. Flax defeated H. Wachtel and B. Bradbury (5-7, 6-1, 6-4); and D. Dustin and P. Marx defeated L. Baum and J. Baum (forfeit).