Saudi Arabia Asks 'Hands Off,' Blames West for Syrian Tension; Teamster Delegates Uphold Hoffa

By The ASSOCIATED Press

UNITED NATIONS, N.Y., Oct. 2--Saudi Arabia today blamed Western nations for Middle East tension and called for a U.N. "hands off" policy toward Syria.

Ahmad Shukairy, minister of state for Saudi Arabia, told the 82-nation General Assembly "It is the policy of the West that is destroying ties with the Arabs."

He proclaimed Saudi Arabia's full solidarity with Syria and asserted shipments of Communist arms to that country is no business of the United Nations.

Teamsters Back Hoffa

MIAMI BEACH, Fla., Oct. 2--The Teamsters convention tonight overwhelmingly repudiated corruption charges leveled at James R. Hoffa, Dave Beck and other Teamsters bosses by the AFL-CIO.

The AFL-CIO report detailing the charges, based on disclosures before the Senate Rackets Investigating Committee, was read to the convention. It took about two hours as delegates listened silently.

Then the delegates howled approval of a motion to expunge the AFL-CIO charges from the convention record.

Faubus Holds Firm

LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Oct. 2--Gov. Orval Faubus stood fast today on terms of a school integration compromise already firmly rejected by President Eisenhower. The governor left the next move up to the White House.

"I've given until it hurts," Faubus maintained.

Sherman Adams said that he believed federal forces would be withdrawn.