Radcliffe to Vote on Assessment For Increase in Foreign Students

Greece, West Indies Already Represented

Radcliffe students will decide whether to raise the number of foreign student scholarships from two to four in an all-college vote next week.

The proposal, recommended in the fall Cedar Hill Conference, suggests that each year a foreign student whose room and board is paid by the stipend will enter the freshman class. At present, Anna Mellos-Venezis '61, of Barnard Hall and Athens, Greece, and Cecile Davis '60 of Greycroft Annex and the West Indies, are sponsored by the $2000 which was collected in May and September of 1956.

Each girl would be taxed four dollars this spring. One fourth would be used for the present students' spring room and board, and the remaining sum would cover next year's room and board for three foreign students in the classes of '60, '61, and '62. After this year, contributions would be only one dollar per year.

Plans to publicize the issue include dormitory dinner invitations from tomorrow night to foreign students now in Cambridge, international folk singing in the brick dorms next Sunday, and an informal campaign this week.

The foreign student scholarships were first proposed by Joy Santoro '57 in May, 1956.