Yardling Sextet Downs B.C., 7-2, As Johnson Tallies Three Goals

Right wing Neil Johnson scored three goals, two unassisted, to lead the undefeated freshman hockey team to its second win of the season, a 7 to 2 victory over the B.C. freshmen at Watson Rink yesterday.

Second line center, Stu Forbes, on an assist from his wing Crocker Snow, opened the scoring for the Yardlings, as he tallied at 2:14 of the first period. Defenseman Greg Downes tallied unassisted at 15:00 to give the freshmen a 2 to 0 first period lead.

Johnson, on assists from captain Bob Anderson and wing Ted Ingalls, scored the lone marker of the second period at 19:25.

Johnson broke the game wide open in the final period, as he tallied his second goal of the game at 6:45, and his third at 12:20.

Forbes scored his second, on an assist from Downes at 14:42, and Snow completed the Yardling scoring at 15:00. Behind 7 to 0 B.C. finally managed to break into the scoring column, tallying its two goals at 16:30 and 18:12 of the final period, after the Yardlings had completed their scoring.

This afternoon, the varsity B Squash team will play a B League match with the M.I.T. Faculty Grads on the home courts.

Number six man on the varsity, Charlie Poletti, will play number one man for the B Team, while Ed Wadsworth will play number two. John Davis will be at three, Fred Vinton at four, and probably Kent Allen will play number five.

Also this afternoon, the junior varsity hockey team will meet the B.U. junior varsity on the Watson Rink at 4 p.m.