Ruggers Beat New Yorkers Here, 13 to 3

Crimson rugby teams came from behind twice last Saturday, to beat the New York first fifteen, 13 to 3, and the same club's second fifteen, 6 to 5.

The New Yorkers got off to a quick start in the main match of the day, converting a penalty kick in the first minute of play to go ahead 3 to 0, and might have built up a solid lead against a disorganized Crimson team.

By the halfway mark, however, the Crimson had managed to intersperse some good rugby with its generally sloppy play, and winger Ron Eikenberry took a pass from Jim Damis to score a fine try in the corner. (3-3). Jim Joslin came up with a beautiful conversion (taken from opposite where the ball is grounded) to add the two extra points.

The Crimson continued to press hard, and Mike Reynal, playing on the other wing, was unlucky not to score when he was hit hard as the tried to run behind the posts. New York fell on the loose ball, to bring it back out to the 25-yard line.

Joslin Scores Again

A tripping penalty five minutes later gave Joslin another kick at goal, and again he scored. (8-3). Scrum half Alan Waddell dribbled the ball across the line in the 66th minute for the Crimson's final try. The kick was good, and the score was 13 to 3.

Although it completely dominated an exhausted New York team for the last 20 minutes of the game, the Crimson played far below its usual standard. As it was, the New Yorkers, who almost all spend the week behind office desks, were beaten largely by the game's fast pace.

The Crimson backs tackled well and used the wind intelligently, but proper three-quarter movements were few and far between. Even the forwards, who have stood out in the previous games this spring, played a half-hearted first 30 minutes.

The second fifteen, which included several of the Bermuda players, played a much better game. Bob Miller and captain Ben Herlihy were both outstanding, Miller and Bob Gould scoring the Crimson's two tries