Eden Cuts Short N.Z. Vacation, Flies to Boston's Lahey Clinic; Snow Storm Hits Great Plains

By The ASSOCIATED Press

BOSTON, April 7--Sir Anthony Eden, 59, former British prime minister, cut short a New Zealand vacation and flew into Boston today for a medical checkup.

Despite the long journey, he was smiling as he walked slowly down the ramp at windswept Logan International Airport. He was tanned and wore a heavy, belted brown overcoat.

With Lady Eden he stepped immediately into a chauffered limousine and rode under state police escort to the New England Baptist Hospital where Dr. Richard B. Cattell of the Lahey Clinic was waiting for him.

Dr. Cattell, who operated on Eden four years ago for a gall bladder condition, said he would have no statement on his condition until tomorrow.

Storm Hits Great Plains

DENVER, April 7--A new spring storm, heavier in some areas but lacking the punch of the recent blizzards, buried the Great Plains with snow for the third time today in two weeks.

Carrying little moisture, the snow piled 35 inches deep at Leadville, high in Colorado's central Rockies, and 18 inches at Colorado Springs. It ranged from an inch deep in southeast Colorado to ten inches reported at Lander, Wyo.

Wife of Iranian Bandit Found Dead

TEHRAN, Iran, April 7--Patrols hunting the dwindling gang of bandit chief Dadshah for the massacre of three Americans have found his pregnant third wife dead on the trail, apparently sacrificed to speed the flight.

Gen. Ali Goltira, commander of Iran's national police, said today a captive tribes-man told him Dadshah killed the woman because she could not keep up. She died in the Lashar area of the desolate mountains near the Iran-Pakistan border.

Similarly, Mrs. Anita Carroll of Issaquah, Wash., was reported slain primarily because she would have been a drag on the gang's escape.

Reuther Emphasizes Labor Role in World Affairs

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., April 7--Walter P. Reuther today accused the leadership of the free world with failure to understand the dimensions of war and peace and described the labor movement as the vanguard in the struggle against "Communist tyranny."

Poverty and hunger are the keys to Communist infiltration, Reuther said, and added:

"When the free world labor movement fights for social justice against poverty and hunger...it does more to fight communism in one week than all the fat cats of Wall Street do in their whole lives because they stand in the way of progress."