Crimson Failed As 23-2 Faborite To Clobber Council Baseball Team

Popular government faces its ultimate test tomorrow. In a last, strenuous effort to "do something for the student, instead of just talking about it," the Student Council nine will take to the field, Larry Johnson '58, chief Councileer, announced yesterday.

Picking up the gauntlet to continue its attack against inefficiency and waste in student government, the CRIMSON's undefeated squad will oppose the Council.

The game will be played tomorrow at 10 a.m. on the Radcliffe Quad. Susan Olsen '58, president of the 'Cliffe Student Government Association, will umpire.

Managers of both teams voiced confidence in their squads last night, Johnson said, "We will demolish those ink-stained wretches of the fourth estate." Adam Clymer '58 of the CRIMSON derided this view, and expressed doubt that the Council would show up for the game.

Clymer went on to say that the CRIMSON had dropped the Lampoon from its regular schedule. "We would have liked to play them, of course, since the 'Poon is more serious than the Council and would not try to make a joke out of this thing. However, the entire Lampoon membership has been detailed to guard duty on the Ibis, and they just won't come out and play." The CRIMSON is asking Commissioner Frick to put the Lampoon into a Class D League.

Local bookmakers established the CRIMSON as a 23-2 favorite for Saturday's game.