Class Agents

Graduating seniors will discover in the immediate future that the fellowship of educated men, like any good society, demands a constant and continuing obligation. In a letter shortly to be received by all members of the Class of 1957, John S. Tomajan '14, outgoging chairman of the Harvard Fund Council, stresses the College's dependence on "the practiced loyalty" of all alumni for financial support.

In the letter Tomajan lists '57's Class Agents, who will shortly begin the job of asking all their classmates to contribute to the Fund. The agents are James A. Bailey, Henry C. Holmes, William H. Joseph, and Brand J. Topjian.

The money that alumni contribute to their class agents goes to the year-to-year support of the College. It does not form part of the capital endowment, nor is it used for any branch of the University other than the College.

between now and '57's 25th Reunion in 1982 will be formally presented to the University at that time. In recent years the class gifts have increased steadily from $250,000 from the Class of 1927 to $330,000 from the Class of 1931. Although the class gifts are the product of 25 years of contributions, more than half of each gift is usually raised in the year preceding the 25th Reunion.

David McCord, executive secretary of the Fund Council, yesterday emphasized the need for continuing support even after the 25th Reunion, especially in view of the fact that alumni are in their peak earning years between the 25th and 40th reunions.

He made special mention of the Class of 1927 (agents Richard T. Flood, Edward H. Bailey, David R. Pokross) which has raised $106,000 since its 25th Reunion five years ago. This is the first class to raise over $100,000 in the interval between its 25th and 30th reunions.

Contributions plus interest collected