Study Group To Consider Club Revisal

Will Discuss Issue Of 'Cliffe Admission

By Martha E. Miller

A committee representing the Harvard and Radcliffe Student Councils will next week begin consideration of possible full Radcliffe membership in Harvard undergraduate organizations, Larry R. Johnson '58, president of the Student Council, said last night.

Susan Olsen '58, president of the Radcliffe Council, and Johnson plan to see John A. Ballard, member of the Board of Freshman Advisers, early in the week. They will discuss with him the proposed revisal of the prohibition against girls voting and holding office in Harvard activities.

Johnson said that he and most of the Harvard Council members are in favor of a rules revision to allow organizations which so desire to admit Radcliffe members on an equal basis with Harvard. "It is only legalizing a procedure which goes on," Johnson said.

At a Radcliffe student government conference earlier this month a straw vote showed that the majority favored the proposed revision on club membership.

While a majority of the clubs represented would prefer merger with Harvard groups, a few clubs, among them the Radcliffe Young Republicans, the Pre-Med Society, and Radio Radcliffe wish to keep their separate status.